Ten Principles for Re-Igniting Your Life
- It is not selfish, nor is it a sin, to focus on your personal meaning, purpose and mission in life.
- You are unique. No one else has lived your life and no one else can tell your story or express your passion.
- You have the right to dream.
- Your creativity is a reflection of the Creator. He designed some pretty outrageous things (including you!) so, paint, write, sing, play, act, sculpt, dance, cook, design,…Create from your heart and soul in your own unique way.
- Gratitude is everything. Be thankful for the gift of life and live accordingly.
- There’s more to you than what is on the surface. Go deep. Thoroughly explore your emotions, fears, joys, hurts, and affections.
- Excess weighs you down for the journey. Forgive offenses. Downsize material possessions. Let go. Move on.
- Living passionately changes your world. Recognize what you care deeply about and doggedly pursue it.
- Relationships are more important than things, status or accomplishments. Invest in lives by being generous with your time, wisdom, resources and love.
- Life is a process. You are God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10). With a heart like a child and the understanding of an adult, recall Bill Gaither’s song: “You are a promise. You are a possibility. You are a great big bundle of potentiality!” Click here to listen and remember!
by Leona Bergstrom, Director, Re-Ignite